from the book Lifestyle Renewal and Healthy Living available from this website
Feeling good about yourself makes life easier and more fun. Unfortunately, not everyone has confidence in themselves, their purpose and their innate abilities. As such, they often feel depressed and down and don’t really see their true purpose in life. You see, they are so clouded by their depression and unhappiness that they only see their flaws and weaknesses. If you’re one of the many individuals who has low self-esteem and can’t quite see your true potential or life purpose, you definitely must read this article. In this article, you will learn tips to improve your self-confidence. Are you ready? Let’s get started.
- Be Proud of Yourself. You are a wonderful creation – a real gift. Your life has meaning and a purpose. Be proud of everything you have accomplished. By doing this, you will improve your self confidence.
- Determine your strengths. You are not like anyone else. You have strengths and weaknesses. Taking time to get to know and understand yourself is the single best thing that you can do to increase your self confidence. Here’s a great quote to remember:
“A man, who realizes the potential of his mind by means of introspection and contemplation, he does not lack self-confidence. He has control over his mind and he is able to realize its full potential. ” – Sam Veda
- Use positive affirmations. Say an encouraging and positive mantra everyday about yourself like “I am special”, “There is no one exactly like me,” and “I can achieve all my goals”. By using positive attributions on a daily basis, you will encourage positive feelings that will help boost your confidence.
- Avoid negativity. If you start your day with a negative idea or perspective, your entire day will be filled with negativity both from within. Plus, you’ll attract even more negativity. Avoid telling yourself about all the mistakes you’ve made and instead use situations to teach you about how to become better. After all, your negative experiences make you better.
- Learn to accept compliments. Believe and say thank you when someone tells that you are smart, beautiful or talented and take them happily. Accept compliments and relish in the good feelings that you experience when someone tells you how wonderful you are. And if no one gives you compliments, learn to give them to yourself.
- Walk with confidence. Lift up your head and hold your shoulders back. Don’t slouch and remember that you are special. Just like everybody, you are a significant part in the world and no one is like you. Follow this quote from an American actress, Shelley Long
“I think, head up and shoulders back. Not only does it make you look taller and thinner but it gives you confidence and boosts your self-esteem.”
A person who exudes confidence in their actions will always go farther than someone who doesn’t. If you want to be more confident, say positive attributions, be proud of yourself, determine your strengths, use positive affirmations, avoid negativity, take compliments, walk with confidence. Once you do, you will start feeling good about yourself in no time.